Newly Completed Works and Upcoming Performances:
• Sedentary Dances: Concerto for Cello and Orchestra (2012), Felix Wang, cello; Nashville Concerto Orchestra, Joe Lee, conductor (premiere of the orchestral version). West End Methodist Church, Nashville, Tennessee, October 19, 2016.
• Il Ritorno: Perambulation for Unaccompanied Violin (2013-2015). Premiere by Peter Sheppard Skaerved in June, 2016, at St. Andrew’s Parish Church, Moretonhampstead, Devon, England.
• Diaphany (2016), Peter Sheppard Skaerved, violin. The British Museum, London, England, June 17, 2016.
• Carrara Blocks (inspired by William Wylie photographs, 2016), performed by an ensemble of Blair School students. Vanderbilt Fine Arts Gallery, March 29, 2016.
• Mornington Caprice (2015), Peter Sheppard Skaerved, violin; Diana Mathews, viola. Frank Auerbach Retrospective, Tate Britain, March 10, 2016.
• Wind-Ode, for Woodwind Quintet, String Orchestra, and Percussion (2015). Dedicated to the Blair Woodwind Quintet and Maestro Robin Fountain, on the occasion of the composer’s 30th anniversary at the Blair School. Premiere on February 25, 2016.
• Flat Rock: Three Glades for Wind Ensemble (2013). Performance by the Vanderbilt Wind Ensemble on November 16, 2015.
• Canticle (Fourth Viola Sonata, 2015), dedicated to my violist friends.
Appearances as Guest Speaker:
• Headline Presenter at Pebble Beach Authors & Ideas Festival, September. 25-27, 2015
• One Day University, Cleveland, Ohio, September 19, 2015 [https://www.onedayu.com/events/detail/258]
• “Another Acre or so of Being”: Letters from Guy Davenport, the lead article in the spring issue of Literary Imagination (Oxford Journals).