- Performance of Dr. Johnson and Mr. Savage (duo for violin and cello) at the National Portrait Gallery, London, “Only Connect” Exhibition, September 30, 2011
- Premiere of Hopeful Monsters (for strings), concert for the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Cable Street, Wilton’s Music Hall, London, October 1, 2011
- Three performances of Burlesques Before the Ark
(Piano Quartet, 2010-11):
—Blakemore Piano Trio, with guest violist Kathryn Plummer. Blair School of Music, October 25, 2011
—Concert Series at the University of Maryland, Baltimore Campus, November 10, 2011 (faculty players).
—Peabody Institute of Music, Baltimore, January 23, 2012 (faculty players)
- Two further premieres at the Blair School of Music, October 25, 2011:
—Hopeful Monsters (a version of the above piece, for unaccompanied oboe), performed by Roger Wiesmeyer
— Opened Ground for cello, performed by Felix Wang
- Upcoming appearances as featured speaker:
—Tanglewood Festival, Boston Symphony Orchestra, gala finale concert
(Beethoven’s Ninth), August 28, 2011
—The Carmel Authors & Ideas Festival, Sept. 23-25, 2011,
- “Paganini in Nashville:” Guest Artist Recital, Peter Sheppard Skaerved, violin, co-director (with Michael Alec Rose) of the Blair / Royal Academy of Music Exchange Programme.
Includes the world premiere of Michael Alec Rose’s Air.
Onstage in Ingram Hall, Blair School of Music, Monday, September 19, 8:00pm. Admission is free.
- Works in Progress:
—String Quartet No.5
—“Seens of Inchantment” : A Natchez Trace Odyssey
(commissioned by the Natchez Trace Parkway Association in collaboration with the Nashville Symphony; to be premiered in 2013 at various venues, including Schermerhorn Symphony Center)