- August 23, 2009: Featured speaker for Pull-Tight Theatre, Franklin, TN: “The Bernstein Code: Musical Secrets of West Side Story”
- September 11-15, 2009: Guest Composer at the Royal Academy of Music, London.
- September 13, 2009: World premiere of An arch never sleeps. (duo for violin and double bass). Peter Sheppard Skaerved, violin; Chi-chi Nwanoku MBE, double bass. Wilton’s Music Hall, London. Pre-concert talk, 5:30pm: “Reinventing String Instruments,” concert at 6pm.
- September 15, 2009: ‘Soundbox’ with Peter Sheppard Skaerved, violin. 12:30 in the Strings Gallery, Royal Academy of Music (Museum Research event).
- September 24, 2009: Nightcap Series Concert, Blair School of Music: Peter Sheppard Skaerved, violin. U.S. premiere of Everything Under the Sun (four seasons for two violins–with Benjamin Hart).
- October 4, 2009: One Day University Lecture, New York City Hilton. “Beatles & Beethoven: Hearing the Connection.”
- October 15, 2009: Nightcap Series Concert, Blair School of Music: Excerpts from the three Viola Sonatas: John Kochanowski, viola; Michael Alec Rose, piano
- October 26, 2009: Performance of Seven for Three (1991), Faculty Recital, Blair School of Music. Jared Hauser, oboe; Leslie Norton, horn; Melissa Rose, piano.
- November 7, 2009: One Day University Lecture, San Francisco, Moscone Convention Center. “Beethoven and the Beatles: Hearing the Connection.”
- November 14, 2009: “A retrospective of the first two viola sonatas,” (1986, 1994). Faculty Recital, Blair School of Music. John Kochanowski, viola; Michael Alec Rose, piano.
TBA: Premiere of Five Bucolics (poems by Maurice Manning). Tony Boutte, tenor. University of Miami, Florida